Thursday, July 7, 2011

Psalm 121- A Promise, Up Close and Personal

Today, I just want to post Scripture.  Wherever you are and in whatever circumstance you find yourself in today, there is hope and strength in the Lord.  Psalm 121 says,

"I will lift up mine eyes to the hills-
From whence cometh my help?
My help cometh from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not let thy foot be moved;
He who keeps thee does not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is thy keeper;
The Lord is thy shade at thy right hand.
The sun shall not strike thee by day,
Nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil;
He shall preserve thy soul.
The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in
From this time forth and for evermore."
                                                                    Psalm 121 KJV

After reading through this beautiful, poetic passage of promise, let's make it personal.  Now read it again and insert the words "my" for "thy" and "me" for "thee".

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills-
From whence does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

He will not allow my foot to be moved;
He who keeps me will not slumber
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is my keeper;
The Lord is my shade at my right hand.
The sun shall not strike me by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve me from all evil;
He shall preserve my soul.
The Lord shall preserve my going out and my coming in
From this time forth and forevermore."   Psalm 121
                                                                 (Scripture Promise Personalized)

When you have a moment, go to http://www.youtube.com/ (Brookland Tabernacle Choir singing "My Help") and listen to this passage again as Brookland Tabernacle Choir sings it!  What power!  What a promise!

My pleasure,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment