Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"The Excellent Glory"

How do you address God, the Father when you call His name?  In 2nd Peter chapter 1, Peter is talking about witnessing the majesty of Jesus Christ on the mountain of transfiguration.  Here's what he says.  "For we.... were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory:  "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain." 
(2 Peter 1:16-18) NKJV

"The Excellent Glory".  Have you ever thought about or seen that name? I haven't. Nor have I heard anyone else, that I remember, refer to God in that way. I've always thought about God's glory as something He receives, and wears, not His name. 

Many times in an old movie, or in a fairy tale, or even throughout history, a king is referred to as "your majesty" or "your excellency", but God, the Father is called "The Excellent Glory" by Peter. That just gives me goosebumps!  What a name!  What a royal, majestic name!  No one else deserves this honor and no one else will ever be called this name. "The Excellent Glory" belongs to God and God alone.  I will never view worship, privately or corporately, in the same way again!  As I bow before the King of Kings, it will be my pleasure to address Him as "Your Excellent Glory"!  What about you?

"Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those on the earth, and those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  Phillipians 2:9-11 NKJV

My Pleasure,
Melanie
http://www.livingrealmag.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment